At Terry Financial Services, we firmly believe in the power of individual choice. After all, it was that same power that founded our firm!
When you go to a big financial professional with a famous Wall Street name, you don't necessarily get that choice. While many big-name firms offer quality investment products, the ones that a financial professional can offer you are often chosen by a big corporation. That choice is made by people who don't know you, and they often impose sales quotas on the financial professional helping you.
In other words, your investment choices are often limited choices, and there may be hidden agendas. We don't think that's the right way to do business.
Here's what we think is the right way to do business:
- We care for our clients the way we'd care for ourselves. We founded Terry Financial Services to be the kind of place where we would want to be the clients (if we didn't already work here). We want to be respected, informed, and heard; we don't expect our clients to demand any less.
- We know our clients and their goals. We understand that investing is more than just a numbers game; there's emotion involved as well. People assign different values to money and invest for many reasons. The so-called "best investments" aren't necessarily the best for everyone. When we first get to know each other, we ask you many questions so that we can learn about you as a person, and we tailor your investments accordingly. We want to be just as excited about your dreams as you are.
- We treat clients like people—not like portfolio balances. One thing you'll notice about our firm is that we're friendly. We are down to earth, and we're good listeners. Having been in the business a long time, we've encountered a mix of attitudes—and a whole lot of market cycles (both good and bad). We've got a perspective that can help keep you on an even keel through the ups—and the downs.
- We empower clients to feel confident about their decisions. You don't have to know the difference between a REIT and a UIT when you come to see us. We're happy to explain it to you if you're curious; if you're not, that's okay, too. Some clients want more of a hands-on role in the investment process; others want nothing to do with it. Either way, our goal is to ensure that you sleep well at night, secure in knowing that your money is working effectively for you.
- We practice time-tested financial approaches. At Terry Financial Services, we follow prudent financial principles. We treat your money responsibly. As your needs change, we'll work with you to plan accordingly. We monitor your portfolio's performance so you don't have to worry.